Saturday, March 19, 2011

UpDo Shoppe

So, I've decided to open a bricks & mortar store front - well, sort of.  It will start as just booth space in an antique/flea market mall.  I plan to call it UpDo and will sell all things upcycled or recycled.  What do you think of the name?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!


I have been busy making as many things as possible, including the objects that will hold all of my items.  I want everything in there to be green!  One of my projects is a sweater project, though.  I'm nearly finished and will post pictures soon.  It is a vintage 50's storage ottoman with legs.  It was the typical off white vinyl with plane wooden legs and a cigarette burn on top.  Not anymore!


Aarrgghh!  Once again, in my haste to get started reinventing an item, I failed to take before pictures.  When will I ever learn?  Well, regardless, now it is awesome (if I may say so myself!).  I used sweaters to recover it!  I used one black and white, bumpy knit sweater on the lid that has hinges and lifts up.  I added some stuffing under it to give more of a pillowed look than it was previously.  I used a black and white striped lambs wool sweater to recover the base of the ottoman.  Then I used the waistband from one sweater to go around the edges of the top part.  I spray painted (have I mentioned how much I love spray paint???) the legs silver.  I can't wait  to see it all put back together!  I just have to finish hand sewing the waistband on and screw the legs back.  Then I WILL take pictures and post them!


I've also opened a new Etsy site that is strictly upcycled items that will be in the shop.  You can find it under UpDo Shoppe, too!  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think! I'd love to read your thoughts and suggestions!