Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Polka Dot Handbag

I had to make a quick run into a thrift store to get something for a craft project.  I promised myself that I would NOT look at the sweaters.  I grabbed what I needed, but on the way out I saw this polka dot wool sweater vest.  I couldn't resist.  I knew when I saw it that it would be an adorable purse.  Turns out, I was right!

was a sweater vest in a previous life
I had these acrylic purse handles already in my stash at home.  I just love this wool because it is totally reversible.  I used red dots for the outside, but the white dots on the flap and the little wallet.  The flap is held with a magnetic snap - something else I already had on hand.  The little wallet is sized so that an iPhone will fit in it also.  I used a vintage button and a hair elastic to create a closure on it.

It's really going to be hard not to keep this one for myself, because I LOVE how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think! I'd love to read your thoughts and suggestions!